Psychic abilities are like all other kinds of abilities – the more you learn and practice, the more skilled you become. You might think it’s tricky to practice psychic skills, but actually there are numerous fun ways you can test yourself, whether alone or with friends. As well as being enjoyable, these exercises and games serve a useful purpose in developing your psychic muscle, so to speak.
Why not keep a record of how you get on so that you can track your improvement?
- predict the outcome of a sports match
- state who is on the phone before you answer it
- predict a major news story which will occur in the coming 10 days
- keep a dream diary and note down any predictive/precognitive dreams
- zener cards
- send or transmit a colour, or a word, or a shape to a friend and see if your recipient can pick up on it; then swap, and see if you can pick up on their thoughts
-Use a photo (from a magazine, website or newspaper) of a person in the public eye. Sit and focus quietly on the photo. Note down any thoughts which come to you. Try to focus on obtaining information which you’ll be able to verify, such as where/when this person was born, whether they have siblings, or where they live now. Then you can check your information, and see how close you were.
- look for Auras. Stare slightly around a person, animal or pot plant (if you don’t have co- operative family or friends!) and eventually you will start to make out fuzzy colors and hues. The more you practice, the easier this will become.
You can also practice telepathy on unknowing recipients, for instance focussing on a stranger to turn around and look at you. That’s harmless enough, and can be very effective, but be careful not to overstep ethical boundaries if you are trying to affect someone who has not given their consent.